Mobile App Developer
What is a mobile app developer?
A mobile app developer is a professional who creates software applications for mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. They design and code the apps, as well as test them for functionality and compatibility with various devices and operating systems. Some mobile app developers also work on marketing and advertising the apps once they are completed.
What skills do you need to be a mobile app developer?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the skills required to develop mobile apps vary depending on the platform(s) you’re targeting. However, there are some general skills that are essential for any mobile app developer.
- You need to be able to code. Whether you’re using Objective C or Swift for iOS development, Java for Android development, or HTML/CSS/JS for cross-platform development, you need to be able to write code if you want to create mobile apps.
- You need a strong understanding of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design. Creating an app that’s both user- friendly and visually appealing is essential if you want people to actually use your app.
- It’s helpful to have some knowledge of marketing. You’ll want to know how to promote your app and what you can do to increase its popularity.
For your mobile app to be successful, you must target four precise goals:
- Your app meets your objective for sales or number of users.
- Your app attracts a large number of users to support the purpose.
- Your app meets or exceeds the users expectation.
- Your app excites the user and encourages, then to continue use, provide updates to earn a fan base for your app.
There are five critical phases of the mobile app design. and development process. We take great care to develop and deliver an excellent product for you. Your understanding of each stage increases the probability that your mobile app launch will be successful.
5 Key Phases for a Successful Mobile App development:
- Strategy – What will this app do?
- Design – Who will use the app?
- Engineering – How will you create this?
- Marketing – Lets let the world know and sell it.
- Maintenance – Keep improving for your users.
PHASE 1 – STRATEGY
The initial app development strategy will determine the platform such as iPad, iPhone, Android or multiple devices. A tablet app will have a different UI than a smartphone app so you will have to establish the user interface designs.
Information-based app versus shopping cart apps will have different functionality that users engage, so you will need to determine the key requirements to design and streamline the best features for users.
PHASE 2 – DESIGN
Once you’ve established the strategic foundation for your app you can begin the development of your app. In this phase, you focus on the user experience which include; the interface design, the functions and the application performance that allow the users to engage with your app.
PHASE 3 – ENGINEERING
You need to decide if you’re using the native or cross-platform environment for development. Based on your users need and app performance you will need to thoughtfully and cautiously make the right decision for your app development project. Your mobile app back-end architecture and the hosting platform are other critical decisions you must prepare for your mobile app success.
PHASE 4 – MARKETING
Getting the word out about your mobile app launch is essential to success. There are several avenues you must attack such as Billboard, Social media, Blog, Email, Search directories, press releases articles and friends.
PHASE 5 – MAINTENANCE
Once you manage to get clients and users, you will need to keep improving your mobile app for functionality, security, speed and stability. By keeping users happy and engaged, they can help spread the word to acquire more clients.